Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Women prefer bubbles


No, no, no Marilyn....I totally disagree!!
`Personally I think it'd be tacky to wear a diamond before I'm forty`!!...I'm more a Holly Golithly kind of woman... 

And in the few years left before getting to the `big date`, when I feel girlish or a bit foolish, when I am celebrating something or just want to treat myself, my best friend are bubbles.

Fine bubbles delicately tickling my throat.....                                                                              
                                                                                                  
....with that elegance that uplifts my cheap sushi on a long tasting day....

















...with that sparkle that matches my music on a Friday evening at home....




...and that backbone of acidity that cleanse my palate after a salami plate (when I'm not on a diet!)....















If I only I could say as Madame Lilly Bollinger used to....

`I drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty. `

Salute!